Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lots of stuff going on!

We're getting ready for our move next weekend. We just set up our walk-through and I made the appointment for Verizon to come install our Fios (well, activate it...it's already installed). I spent yesterday halfheartedly packing. I actually got a lot done. I can't pack up too much more stuff because I still need access to the rest of the kitchen stuff and clothes and whatnot for this week! I was laughing at my haphazard packing strategy....there'll be some surprises when I start unpacking boxes next week! (In short, I was getting creative coming up with stuff to fill the empty space in the boxes. Lots of space in and around the pots and pans? Why not dump the contents of the kitchen junk drawer on top?!)
I took a trip to PA last week to visit my parents and pick up our old window AC unit that we'd left at my mom's house after our move from Mass. I also scored a sweet antique reel mower, so we're all set to mow our new yard. I tested it out on my mom's yard, marking my first lawn-mowing experience in the whole of my 27.5 years on earth! If I can deal with the heat/mosquitoes, I may actually try mowing the new yard sometime.
We need to pick up another window AC unit and, eventually, a new dresser (ours is broken) and a kitchen table. I have them all picked out, so it'll just require a trip to Ikea and a couple hours with an allen wrench. We'll be without internet for our first weekend in our new home, so I'll have plenty of distraction free time to unpack, organize and decorate our new house.

In the midst of the moving chaos, I'm interviewing for my 3rd potential Hopkins job. This is the first of the positions I've interviewed for that I really feel is a good fit for my previous background and research interests. I had a phone interview for this position last week and I'll be interviewing in person and getting a tour of the lab this week. I'd really appreciate prayers and well wishes this week. I'm really excited about this position but trying not to get my hopes up too much.

I need to call my primary care doc sometime this week to see about adjusting my Zoloft dose. The nausea starting out was absolutely awful. Worse than anything I experienced from chemo. I ended up switching to taking the pill at night and that seems to have helped. Besides the initial nausea and continued acid reflux symptoms, though, I haven't noticed any major effect on my mood. I'm continuing to just take one day at a time, but it'd be nice to start feeling better and getting my sleeping/eating back on track. Getting moved into the new house will help some, I'm sure. One step at a time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll say prayers and light a candle, for the job and the move as well as your health! Good lcuk and hang in there!!!