After I posted the other night, I remembered two things I forgot to mention. Sadly, I have since forgotten one of them, but at least I remember one of them!
So, the forgotten bullet point:
-Our cats had their annual check-up last week. I was expecting it to be a quick in/out, nothing remarkable visit. Unfortunately, they didn't check out too well. Both are officially middle-aged, so from now on, they need bloodwork/urinalysis every year. Chloe didn't check out too bad. She's too fat (we knew that) and needs her teeth cleaned. Charlotte's a mess. The vet said her eyes looked strange, she REALLY needs her teeth cleaned and she has a heart murmur. Luckily, I happen to work for a veterinary ophthalmologist, so much to their dismay, I just carted them to work with me for the afternoon. The strange eye thing turned out to just be cataracts which likely won't ever get any worse than they are now (which isn't bad at all...she can see just fine). Cataracts aren't too common in cats, though, so that's why my regular vet wasn't sure what was up with her eyes. Since I had them at work, I just had my boss draw blood from them there since he does it for us (his employees) for free and we get a discount on the labwork. The bloodwork came back pretty much normal. We had an internal medicine/critical care resident visiting last week and she listened to both of their hearts. She heard Charlotte's murmur too (so did I), but luckily couldn't detect one in Chloe (she has an increased likelihood of developing one since her sister has one). So, at some point when I have the money to spare, it looks like we'll be off to the veterinary cardiologist so Charlotte can get her heart checked out. She needs her heart checked out before she can be anesthetized for dental work. Josh said he's glad I work for a vet right now because I'll be able to get a discount from the cardiologist and the dentist (my boss's brother). If it weren't for the discounts, I'm not sure how we'd be able to pay for all the specialists.
And while I was writing that out, I remembered the last thing I forgot! It's related....
-I got a letter last week from the vet tech program I applied to letting me know I got accepted to the program. I told Josh I was ever so slightly worried they might not accept me to community college! Everything still seems so up-in-the-air right now, but I'd really like to do this program. It's 2 years and would give me official training in a lot of the tasks I do at my two jobs. Also, if we ever end up moving to Ithaca, I'd be fully qualified to work at Cornell's vet school.
On a work related note, I did speak with the clinic supervisor yesterday and she spoke to the director about not smoking when I'm there (at the very least). The clinic supervisor and the vet are both totally grossed out by the smoking inside and hope that my presence might be enough to get the director and other rehabber move the smoking fully outdoors once and for all. The clinic supervisor also said she'd be willing to bring it up with the board of directors...I got the impression that she'd be really upset if they lost a highly-qualified employee (me) because the director insisted on continuing to smoke indoors. So we'll see how it goes. Hopefully the director was sincere about smoking outdoors when I'm there. If it's a continuing problem, I'll have to reconsider. Other than that, I'm enjoying working there so far.
No news on the apartment search: it's is going incredibly poorly so far!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment