I'm so excited to be getting closer and closer to the end of chemo. I've started to feel alive again after last Friday's chemo. My tummy has been pretty grumpy, but I was awake most of today, so that was an improvement over Sat-Mon. I'll most likely be at work for the rest of the week and next week, so that helps with the "feeling normal" side of things.
I'm looking forward to my appointment tomorrow with the radiation oncologist to see what he has to say. Josh took the afternoon off work to come with me and we have a list of questions to ask. I'm not 100% sure what the verdict will be about the radiation, but I'm curious to hear what this doc has to say.
We got a bit more of the garden started after Josh got home from work today. We started mostly herbs (thyme, oregano, basil, bee balm and rosemary) and marigolds. Josh raked and tilled one of the beds while I watched. We actually don't get to use all the beds because a few of them still have things growing in them that Mrs. Lee wants to keep. We have no idea what the plant is, just that it's "very good medicine." She kept coming out to check on us and she brought us a big bucket of spinach and some homemade sushi rolls ("Nothing weird in it!!"). We only understand about every third sentence, so a lot of our conversations get lost in translation, but she's really sweet. Anyway, we decided the soil in the garden is beautiful and we're really excited to start moving the first of our seedlings out there in just a couple weeks.
Bombshell also enjoyed some time sunning on the back porch. Mrs. Lee, her son and our neighbors all think she's cool, but thankfully no one wants to touch her. We need to work out some sort of leash or something so she can stay outside without one of us having to be at her side constantly. We are finally all ready to order her new cage and all 3 of us (me, Josh and Bombshell) can't wait! She's been such a menace!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The end is in sight which is GREAT! But please keep blogging!!!!
I would love to hear more about your lives. HUGS!
Post a Comment