Friday, March 12, 2010

Chemo Round 6, treatment 1

Chemo was really uneventful today. I had to wait for an hour before they took me back, but I spent the time chatting with some women in the waiting room who were waiting for family members. We talked about the Chris Rock movie "Good Hair" and the tv show Hoarders and they told me my head is a nice shape. For some reason, everyone was commenting on my hair today. I know I've been in there without a hat on a bunch of times, but just about all the nurses/techs asked about my hair or my lack of a hat. My hair is definitely (slowly) growing back and getting dark and thick (the strands) again. However, I noticed a woman in line in front of me at Trader Joe's who had a short haircut and I realized my hair is still really thin. I like it the way it is and it's nice and soft. I still haven't been washing it, so it's nice and convenient. The hair on the rest of my body is doing strange things (e.g. left arm hair is totally normal but right arm hair is patchy; the hair on my legs is gone 3/4 of the way around my leg, but on that last 1/4, it's still all thick). It seems pretty arbitrary and keeps me amused.
Anyway, no puking this week and I ate a real dinner (mm chinese food). Only one more treatment!!!

No comments: