Friday, March 26, 2010

Chemo Round 6, treatment 2--ALL DONE!!!!!

My final treatment today was pretty much uneventful. I did actually get one of my favorite chairs...not sure if that was coincidence or if they actually saved it for me? I was in the smaller room with two chatty ladies, so my treatment went by pretty fast. Well, they also had the IVs turned on full blast, so I got my meds a little faster than usual. It was nice to get out of there 30 min early, but I think pushing the meds like that made me sick. It was pretty brief and I still managed to eat dinner, but my tummy wasn't at all happy when I got home. Right now I'm just feeling really sleepy.
I'm really happy to be done, but I'll be much happier when I start feeling better on Wednesday or so. For now, I'm just going to take it one day at a time until chemo is just a crappy memory. In two weeks, I have my radiation simulation appointment, then I'll start treatments on April 12th I think. Three weeks after that, I'll be totally done and really ready to party.

On a totally unrelated note, we just finished watching Fantastic Mr. Fox and it was awesome. I'd highly recommend it.

3 comments:

bugz said...

I'm really glad you made it through your treatments. I'm sure you feel great to be finished.

Barba--- said...

Hope you're feeling a bit better now!

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAY!! We are so excited for you! Hope to see you soon...