Monday, August 9, 2010

Boring update

Not much exciting going on. I've been pretty tired recently, but I'm getting by ok. I missed a day of work last week, on my birthday no less, because of a really awful migraine. I was mostly ok, though fuzzy headed, by the end of the day. Josh and I went to our favorite local restaurant (La Palapa) to celebrate. We have a date scheduled at one of our favorite restaurants ever (Kyodai--rotating sushi bar, in Towson) for sometime when we have the time and energy to drive up there.
I've pretty much entirely given up on my garden. Josh brought in a colander full of tomatoes and there are quite a few left that look salvageable. We'll either have lots of homemade tomato sauce for dinner in the next few weeks or I'll make sauce and freeze it. It's not enough to consider canning it. I have no idea what the state of the squash/melon bed is. Last I looked, most everything growing had been devoured by our friendly neighborhood squirrels. I was outside briefly yesterday and got 13+ giant mosquito bite welts that are driving me insane. I was frantic and panicky when I came in and was trying to find my bug bite cream. I wasn't even near the garden, they're just swarming the yard. I'm told they're invasive asian tiger mosquitoes or something like that and they're vicious. I just don't think I'm cut out to be a vegetable gardener. I'd do a million times better raising my own animal food! Especially if it was animal food that would eat any bugs around!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

you could always raise a garen full of venus fly traps!