Monday, August 23, 2010

Appointment update

Since my new PCP's office is just on the other side of the hospital from Dr Ampey's office, I decided to stop in for a quick visit before my appointment today. Everyone was super excited to see me. I told Dr Ampey about the L'hermittes and then he kept trying to trick me into looking at the floor to trigger it. He taught me the trick to avoiding it if I do need to look down though...I just have to move my neck very slowly. Apparently it's the sudden stretch of the spinal cord that causes the strange sensation in my legs. I also got a confirmation from him that my PET was fine. The lit up thyroid is probably just due to residual radiation, but we'll keep an eye on it. I have about a 50-50 chance of my thyroid giving out on me so it'll just have to be closely monitored.

My appointment at the primary care office was with the PA. She was really nice and didn't seem too rushed or anything. I have a prescription for a new migraine medicine to try next time my headaches start becoming an issue. Other than that, it was a pretty basic check-up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to see it went well.

Anonymous said...

Good to read everything went well.

Greets, Irene :-)