Friday, July 30, 2010

tentative PET update

I had my PET scan this morning and I'm going to tentatively say that it looks ok. My thyroid lit up a bit and I'm not sure what that's all about. Otherwise, everything looks fine. I'll give Dr. Ampey a call on Monday to see what he has to say. I'm not worried though.
I figured out the magic words so I don't have to drink any barium. Apparently, if you just tell them you'll puke if they make you drink it, you can get off the hook very easily. I had to get stabbed twice for my IV and just being in the office with the doctor-y smells, the IV and everything made me slightly emotionally and physically ill. Luckily, it passed pretty quickly, but for a minute or so, I was afraid I was going to totally melt down. I really hope I don't have to go back for another scan anytime soon.

I also just got home from my last appointment with Dr. Modi. I really just went to make sure all my prescriptions are filled so I don't have to worry about that. We traded email addresses so we can keep in touch and I can hunt her down when her break from doctoring is over. I have someone in mind to be my fill in primary care doc until then.

I'm still working on catching up on missed sleep from last weekend. Hopefully I'll be feeling more energetic after the weekend. I have nothing planned except maybe catching up on cooking. My car is at the garage, so I'll be stuck at home tomorrow while Josh is out turtling. (my car does not like it's brakes. We think it has a stuck caliper and possibly air in the brake lines. Plus all the other random stuff it needs fixed.)

No comments: