Send cool rainy thoughts our way! It's over 100 here and our county just had a mandatory water ban due to a near-broken water main. They finally lifted the ban today after 5 days and we're hoping the water on the garden will perk it up. Otherwise, it's looking kinda sad. We have at least 3 baby zucchini, a grape-sized baby watermelon and some itty-bitty cucumbers. We're starting to get tons of baby tomatoes, but KR's (Mrs. Lee's son) tomato plants look like they have blight and now the bottoms of my plants are turning yellowish. I'm hoping it's just lack of water and that they'll be fine. It'll be a bummer if my 24 plants that I started from seed all die because his Home Depot plants brought blight with them.
My batch of sour cherry jam was a huge success! I also managed to successfully can the jam so I can now count myself among the ranks of home canners! I still have tons of cherries left so I'm planning to make a second batch. I want to share some of the jam (at least one jar is going all the way to Sweden!) but it's so good that I also want to keep lots for myself. It's a good thing I picked as many cherries as I did!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hope the plants will survive. Here we have had rain during the night and I tried to blow it over the ocean towards you! I am lucky to know you and have jam come my way! Hugs!
Post a Comment