Let's see if I can remember everything exciting that has happened since my last real post. Last week was pretty uneventful. I worked almost a full week (38/40hours). The only time I wasn't there was for an appointment with Dr. Ampey. It was my 4 week follow-up from radiation and I got cleared to not come back until Christmas time. I still need to make a follow-up appointment with Dr. Sharma. I've been having some weird pains that have gotten worse this week. I keep saying my skin hurts, but really, it's just super sensitive to the point of it being painful if I stand in front of the fan in our bedroom. I also keep having these sharp pains in various places on my body, mostly my hands and shoulders. The pain only lasts a few seconds, but it's enough to make me gasp. I'm trying to decide if it's worth calling a doctor (and if so which one) over since I can't really think of anything they could do.
Over the weekend, we went strawberry picking with Josh's cousin Jenelle, her boyfriend Patrick and her two kids, John Parker and Jenna. I packed a PB&J picnic for us and we headed to this really cool berry farm/orchard. Josh and I picked about 7lbs of strawberries before I needed to get out of the sun. The kids picked strawberries and raspberries. We all had a lot of fun. I also picked up a canning set from the farmstand: canner, jar rack, lifter, lid lifter, funnel and bubble-remover/headspace tool. I made a pie out of a bunch of the berries and froze the rest. I'm planning (hoping) to start the canning experiment with peaches. I think we'll end up making several more trips to the orchard before the growing season is over.
This week has been pretty uneventful as well. I'm going to make it a full 40 hours this week at work. Josh got a flat tire over the weekend and it turned into a much bigger event than a flat tire normally should be. His tires came with locking lug nuts and he realized when he went to put the donut on the truck that the people who broke into his truck last year stole the key along with all the other stuff they took. He also discovered that his jack was broken and useless. Luckily a friend suggested Fix-A-Flat and it worked perfectly to get the truck to the garage. The truck now has brand new tires and we both have our own vehicles to drive again.
We're heading to PA and NY this weekend to get the truck inspected and visit parents/grandparents. This will be my first road-trip since September.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment