Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Just so you know...

I don't think I ever posted the exact date of my scheduled PET scan, but for those who knew that it was scheduled for today, I wanted to let everyone know it was cancelled so no one is wondering about the results.
Someone (either Dr Sharma's office or the radiology office) dropped the ball on getting the insurance pre-approval, so it was denied and they called 2 hours before the end of the business day yesterday to cancel on me (after I spent the entire day avoiding yummy carbs). It would have been nice if the radiology office had let me know they were having issues getting the approval earlier because I'm sure a few phone calls could have cleared things up. By the time they called yesterday, it was way too late.
I have an appt with my primary care doctor tomorrow to talk about my follow-up care and finding a new oncologist. I think I'm going to wait until I talk to her and possibly until I meet with the new doctor to reschedule the scan. It would be nice if Dr. Ampey's office would assist in getting the scan set up, but they don't like taking the role of ordering scans and whatnot, so I don't think I'll pester them except as a last resort. (I am planning to stop by their office with a loaf of banana bread tomorrow though since I'll be in the same vicinity! When I was there a couple weeks ago, it took 20 min to leave the office since everyone kept stopping me to chat and see how I've been doing!)

I only worked 4 hrs last week and I'm not working at all this week because the vet office is closed for vacation. I don't really have anything going on, though I did have a few visits with friends. It seems like my main priority for the past few weeks has been keeping up with a seemingly endless string of car fiascos. I'm hoping everything is under control for now because I'm getting sick of spending time in the waiting room of the garage and spending money I don't have!
We spent the 4th with Jenny, Brent and Ellie, like we have for the past two years. We had a good time, even though the backyard fireworks show continues to scare the crap out of me!

No comments: